Saturday, April 10, 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/nixs-world-geography

Making the video was pretty easy and I even found it enjoyable. The only thing I really got aggravated about was trying to download the free Windows Movie Maker. It took forever, maybe because this computer is very slow, I don’t know but I was about ready to throw something by the time I was able to start making my movie. It took longer to get the program installed than it did to actually create my movie! Anyway, I really enjoyed making the movie and I never thought it would be that easy or that I would ever make a movie. I am definitely going to use this technology in my classroom. I think it would be great to make a lesson as a movie and show it to my students. I think they would think it was neat to watch a movie and hear their teacher’s voice actually doing the narrating. The listserv was easy; I will use it on my website for my classroom. I think it will be a great tool for my students and parents to express their feeling and any concerns they may have concerning the class.

2 comments:

  1. Well, with all of my complaining, I guess I should be thankful that movie maker was already on my computer. I cannot see your movie, since there is no link, but I am sure it is interesting. As for me, I spent over 14 hours making a 3 minute movie. Not a good ratio in my opinion. Of course it will be much simpler next time because I won't be checking every little thing out. I totally agree with you on the listserv, it is a great communications tool with parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you finished your movie so easily as you described. I know it is painful with a slow Internet access. I would like to view your movie here in this site and your group listserv email address.

    ReplyDelete