Friday, January 22, 2010

Introduction

Hi,

I’m Linda Nix and I have a B.S. in Biological Sciences, and I am currently working on my masters in the art of teaching (MAT). I received my three year Mississippi teaching license in the areas of Biology, General Science, and Social Studies, but I have not been able to find a job as of yet. It is a hard world out there for aspiring teachers! I currently work at Academy Sports and Outdoors, where you get the right stuff at a great low price. Ha! Ha! I need to find a teaching job! I have worked there for seven years now, that’s seven years too long. I have taken six or seven online classes throughout my college career, and I find them to be very convenient when going to school and working full time. I have used power point, word, excel, and concept mapping in some of my Biology classes and I feel pretty confident when using them. However, I have never used pod casts, WIKIs, or blogging, so this should be an interesting semester. It’s never too late to learn something new especially if it will help me in my future teaching career. I have used discussion board and email in most of my online classes and find them to be very helpful when I’m having problems in the class. Sometimes it’s just easier to ask another student than to bother the professor for something minor. I hope to learn how to use many new varieties of technology that will be available to me when I finally get a teaching job.

4 comments:

  1. Are you interested in moving? I know of a district that might have some positions. I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    I think you were in REF 601 last fall? Is that you? Wow, that class was quite an experience.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that life is not easy. You will get a job you like when the opportunity comes because you are preparing for it. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to cyber-meet you. I hope this class is good to us!

    ReplyDelete